Characteristics of the Wine: A ruby red color with amaranth reflexes, an evident perception of good fruit appeals to the nose, floreal with hints of roses and cherries, dry and austere in the mouth, optimal ribbing with sweet tannins and sensations of tabacco. An elegant wine with hints of spices that give pleasant sensations of freshness and softness
Geographical Location: These grapes come from the vineyard Ravera in the community of Novello at a height 450 meters above sea level, the soil is marl - calcareous \ with a tendency to clayey, with a good permeability The vineyard has a complete South exposure
Vine and Planting: The vineyard is composed of Nebbiolo (Michet, Lampia and Rosè) with Italian cloning material. The training system is Guyot with 5.000 plants per hectare
Technological Mentions: The wine making process is in the traditional way, where for 18 days “rimontaggi and follatura” take place i.e. the must is pumped over the cap several times a day to avoid drying out, and also the cap is mechanically broken up. This happens at a temperature around 30°C to optimize extraction. The wine is then drawn off, and left in steel vats for 4 months, then is matured in oak casks for 2 years. Then up to today the wine is kept in the bottle in our underground cellar where there is a constant temperature of 16°C.
• Decanter, Tom Maresca: 5/5 stars
• Barolo 2010: 90 p. James Suckling
• Barolo 2008: 91 points Wine Spectator
• Barolo 2007: 90 points Wine Enthusiast
• Decanter Magazine. London. May 2009 ***Three Stars for Giribaldi Barolo 2004
• Wine Enthusiast (USA) December 2007: 92 points
• Decanter Magazine - London. *** RECOMMENDED Spicy, rich, appealing. Lovely balance, maturing beautifully. Rich and full- quite soflty structured, but irresistibaly tasty. Lovely style. Up to 10 years.
• Concorso Enologico “Acqui Terme”: 25° ediz. Premio “Caristum” (best wine absolutely on all categories)
• Concorso Internazionale Enologico “Estonian Wine Challenge” Estonia
• Premio: Trofeo -“Trofee Winner” (prima premio assoluto)
• Gewinner Der Verkostung Pro Wein. Germany: ** Barolo docg,
• International Enological Wine Competition “Wine Enthusiast” USA: 92 points
• International Wine & Spirits Competition - England: Silver medal
• International Enological Wine Competition “Decanter Magazine” England.
• Premio: **** 4 stelle per Barolo docg. “Lively, supple; excellent fruit.”